1. Obtain VGAPlanets Shareware from Tim or elsewhere.You are now ready to play.
2. Get VPA (VGA Planets Assistant) from their web page.
3. If needed, grab the latest host version (we're using 3.22.027) [german link]
4. Unzip the VGAPlanets zipfile you downloaded.
5. Run "install", and install VGAPlanets to your new favourite directory.
6. Unzip the VPA zipfile to the same directory.
7. In your VGAP directory, make a sub directory. [I will call it "MyGame"] (note)You are now playing VGA Planets via the VPA software.
8. When you receive your player*.rst file from your host, put it in your VGAP directory.
9. Put a copy of your player*.rst file in MyGame. (note)
10. From a dos shell, run the command "unpack MyGame" in the VGAP directory.
11. In the same directory [VGAP dir], type "vpa X MyGame"...where X is your player number. (ie. Feds = player 1, Borg = player 6, etc)
12. When done your turn, hit Alt-X to exit VPA, saving your moves.That's it! Wait for the turns to be processed.
13. From the VGAP dir, type "maketurn MyGame".
14. Email the player*.trn file to your host. [Me, in this case]